Took a shot at the radio today.
Pro tip, the wiring loom for a sw20 will fit on a late model aw11.
However, if like me you didn't look at a wiring diagram until AFTER you decided nothing will work, you can very easily make one yourself with a 10-pin and a 6-pin molex kit.
These two kits cost me $9 AUS in a brick and mortar shop.
You just clip off one of the inside rails on each molex connector and it will marry with your Toyota ones as if it were made (specifically by me) to do so.
The eagle eyed amongst you will notice I already cocked up this one and put the speakers back to front (fixed it pretty quickly when I finally noticed).
I wanted a head unit that would sound ok, and wouldn't look too flashy, I got this one because it's innocuous
And also because it does this:
Yep it's a 7inch android tablet in a 1 din chassis.
Ok so what do I think?
Well, the GOOD NEWS is:
- It slides out and misses the handbreak and shifter while operating
- It sits VERY securely in the instrument cover
- I wired it correctly
- It has GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth built it
The BAD NEWS is:
- It has to go down the bottom of the double din as:
- It does not work with the factory radio bracket
- It won't move any further out of the radio surrounds without me modifying the instrument cover, which means:
- The display angles downwards when open
- I need a blanking plate or similar as the cup holder I planned to put above it won't work with it (it stops the bloody thing opening at all.
Here's the GPS antenna, all tucked away, looking almost like it was made to sit there: