Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot!Cannot find replacement tyres for 225/50/15R

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Col
MR2 Aficionado
  • Total Posts : 152
  • Scores: 14
  • Reward points: 3104
Re: 2018/04/18 22:36:40 (permalink)
My tyres arrived today.  Very happy!  Thanks again for the link.  

Just on a side note for the moderators:  I've not visited the forum for a while.  I have to say I find the verification for this Forum super annoying.  Was this site badly hacked??

1990 GT
Dudeman
  • Total Posts : 2591
  • Scores: 244
  • Reward points: 3758
Re: 2018/04/19 01:22:30 (permalink)
Reddtarga

I have used Toyo T1R'S on the rear in the past, and have found the rear of the car tends to float a bit until they have a few K's on them, so maybe take it easy when you first get them on.
Some people think the sidewalls are a bit soft on these, however I believe it is more likely to be tread flex because the rear end float goes away when the tread wears down a bit and the rubber hardens up.

Yeah they feel horrible for the first xx amount of k's. I rang Toyo and spoke to one of their technical department about it a few years ago. The dude said he'd read our comments and said we had no idea of what we were talking about!

At that point I wished that there was more choice for our tyres

On other news I spoke to Toyo's development dept about the rumours of the T1R being discontinued, Toyo confirmed those rumours were true.

But don't panic, they also said that they were bringing out a new design of our rear size. It is due for release towards the end of 2018. No idea what its going to be named.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:

© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5