Go back to home



We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Police bluff?

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
Just1n_Mc
MR2 Aficionado
  • Total Posts : 358
  • Scores: 3
  • Reward points: 5429
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 00:49:47 (permalink)
0
Just be glad you don't live in Victoria.

We get absolutely screwed over with everything when it comes to any sort of speed and police/cameras!!
#16
Dudeman
Supporter
  • Total Posts : 2589
  • Scores: 259
  • Reward points: 5517
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Dark side of the moon.
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 07:09:02 (permalink)
0
quote:
Originally posted by wiz

I had a nasty experience with the law today. The wife and I were out for a pleasant drive in the countryside and were in a 70kph zone and rounded a corner and spotted a cop on the side of the road 200 mtrs. away. So I instantly glanced at the speedo which showed 74kph.
Anyway he pulled me over and asked in an arrogant manner how fast I thought I was going and I told him that I checked my speedo and would not have been doing more than 75kph.



So the question is, how fast were you going before you spotted the cop 200m away?

And without wanting to be insulting, legal advice is generally worth what you paid for it, the legal advice in this thread is totally free!!
#17
sandog
MR2 Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 232
  • Scores: 2
  • Reward points: 4016
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Melbourne Vic Australia
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 07:48:47 (permalink)
0
You probably didnt deserve a spray but lets not forget cops are (semi) human aswell and i wouldn't be surprised if he'd become jaded by the stuff he's had to see over the years, at least he didnt slap you with some shonky fine and you probably never have to see him ever again so just put it out of your mind.

I've only had 2 really annoying experiences with cops. One was along the yarra boulevard, I was going around like a grandma showing someone from overseas the view at night when i saw a cop car with lights on so i figured they'd pulled someone over and i went to pass them when a cop jumps out and starts screaming saying "WHEN YOU SEE A COP CAR WITH LIGHTS ON DO YOU JUST PASS BY IT!!!?? GIVE US YOUR LICENSE!" I arced up at that point and said "maybe you should have set up some f*cking cones, got a high vis vest and directed traffic to pull over moron" at which point he calmed down, took my license.

My next encounter was far sweeter, got done for 57 in a 40 zone and i contested the fine saying the position of the officer with the gun, in relation towhere i entered the road and where the next speed sign was located made it impossible for me to know it was a 40 zone as the sign was located 20m from the police car, hidden by trees so i had every right to assume it was a 50 zone until then and got let off.
#18

wiz
MR2 Aficionado
  • Total Posts : 196
  • Scores: 8
  • Reward points: 2920
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Albion Park NSW Australia
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 08:00:23 (permalink)
0
quote:
Originally posted by Dudeman

quote:
Originally posted by wiz

I had a nasty experience with the law today. The wife and I were out for a pleasant drive in the countryside and were in a 70kph zone and rounded a corner and spotted a cop on the side of the road 200 mtrs. away. So I instantly glanced at the speedo which showed 74kph.
Anyway he pulled me over and asked in an arrogant manner how fast I thought I was going and I told him that I checked my speedo and would not have been doing more than 75kph.



So the question is, how fast were you going before you spotted the cop 200m away?


As I said, he would not have spotted me until I came around the corner 200 metres away from him and at that time I was doing 74kph. I am sure these guys try and bluff you into agreeing with their speeding 'estimation' so they can legally book you. The first thing he told me when he stopped me was that our conversation was being recorded before he started making accusations about speeding.

He was probably having a bad day and hadn't filled his quota yet.
#19
Kev07
MR2 Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 65
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 3799
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Grafton NSW Australia
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 08:50:27 (permalink)
0
I had a weird run in back in the days of my Celica.
I just arrived at Byron Bay at about 2am with a mate in his Vitara looking for an all night bottle-o.
We drove through the main street where there were 30-40 hotted up cars (supras, mr2s, skylines, etc) all lined up.
When i got out the other side of the line-up a cop pulled me up. Which was fine. His partner stayed in the car.
He got out and asked for my licence. So i gave it to him.
Then he got around to telling me that he had reports that i was street racing...
So i told him that id only gotten there 5mins before and i was driving with my Vitara mate and whoever gave him that tip was full of it.
Then he breath tested me.
After he had gotten that done, he asked if i had had anything to drink. I said no.
Have i used any drugs, again...NO.
He then said to me, 'stay here, im going to go get my book and ill be right back. i want you to think about those answers you just gave me and when i get back you WILL tell me the truth.'
...
I sat there scratching my head considering i hadnt had a drink for a few days, hence the quest for a bottle-o.
So i decided to get out and go confront this idiot.
When i got to his window he told me to go back and sit down and wait.
So i said that i had had no drinks or drugs and that i wanted to see the result on his tester and then go to the hospital for a blood test cause i thought he was full of poo poo.
He then backed up saying that he will let me off this time and to not drink drive again.
...
So i started yelling at him about how if i REALLY came back with a reading then he wouldn't have let me off.

So i drove around to the local station and went off at his officer in charge. Told him the guys name etc, and then he called the cop in and went off at him, which made me feel better.
I dont know what happened after that because when i left he was still getting an earful.

All he was wanting was a confession to maybe having a drink even tho it may not have been enough to create a reading.
I was on my P's at the time.
#20
My___Bathurst___95
MR2 Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 130
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 816
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Sydney NSW Australia
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 10:03:57 (permalink)
0
well i was the second driver involved with V6MR2's story, i showed no remorse when pulled over admitting to nothing. except 5-10km over which at the time sounded a lot better then saying yeah i was street racing plus the coppers didnt have proof so i was self admitting (sounded better then losing my car and license on the spot)
We had been going back and forth to court together for one whole year before our hearing came. luckily i got my hand onto a lawyer 2 days before the case and he managed to break a deal with the prosecutor and got us a 15km over ticket with no demerit points lost (on green p's). i believe without the lawyer we would of sat in front of the judge explaining our story vs the coppers and most likely copped a few months loss of license.
#21
Dudeman
Supporter
  • Total Posts : 2589
  • Scores: 259
  • Reward points: 5517
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Dark side of the moon.
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 11:01:55 (permalink)
0
quote:
Originally posted by wiz

quote:
Originally posted by Dudeman

quote:
Originally posted by wiz

I had a nasty experience with the law today. The wife and I were out for a pleasant drive in the countryside and were in a 70kph zone and rounded a corner and spotted a cop on the side of the road 200 mtrs. away. So I instantly glanced at the speedo which showed 74kph.
Anyway he pulled me over and asked in an arrogant manner how fast I thought I was going and I told him that I checked my speedo and would not have been doing more than 75kph.



So the question is, how fast were you going before you spotted the cop 200m away?


As I said, he would not have spotted me until I came around the corner 200 metres away from him and at that time I was doing 74kph. I am sure these guys try and bluff you into agreeing with their speeding 'estimation' so they can legally book you. The first thing he told me when he stopped me was that our conversation was being recorded before he started making accusations about speeding.

He was probably having a bad day and hadn't filled his quota yet.



But wiz, how fast were you going before you spotted the cop 200m ahead?
#22
DVST8R
MR2 Aficionado
  • Total Posts : 535
  • Scores: 2
  • Reward points: 2498
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Australia
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 11:25:53 (permalink)
0
quote:
Originally posted by Dudeman

quote:
Originally posted by wiz

quote:
Originally posted by Dudeman

quote:
Originally posted by wiz

I had a nasty experience with the law today. The wife and I were out for a pleasant drive in the countryside and were in a 70kph zone and rounded a corner and spotted a cop on the side of the road 200 mtrs. away. So I instantly glanced at the speedo which showed 74kph.
Anyway he pulled me over and asked in an arrogant manner how fast I thought I was going and I told him that I checked my speedo and would not have been doing more than 75kph.



So the question is, how fast were you going before you spotted the cop 200m away?


As I said, he would not have spotted me until I came around the corner 200 metres away from him and at that time I was doing 74kph. I am sure these guys try and bluff you into agreeing with their speeding 'estimation' so they can legally book you. The first thing he told me when he stopped me was that our conversation was being recorded before he started making accusations about speeding.

He was probably having a bad day and hadn't filled his quota yet.



But wiz, how fast were you going before you spotted the cop 200m ahead?


To admit to any more than what he has already said would be foolish.
#23
wiz
MR2 Aficionado
  • Total Posts : 196
  • Scores: 8
  • Reward points: 2920
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Albion Park NSW Australia
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 11:36:59 (permalink)
0
quote:
Originally posted by DVST8R

quote:
Originally posted by Dudeman

quote:
Originally posted by wiz

quote:
Originally posted by Dudeman

quote:
Originally posted by wiz

I had a nasty experience with the law today. The wife and I were out for a pleasant drive in the countryside and were in a 70kph zone and rounded a corner and spotted a cop on the side of the road 200 mtrs. away. So I instantly glanced at the speedo which showed 74kph.
Anyway he pulled me over and asked in an arrogant manner how fast I thought I was going and I told him that I checked my speedo and would not have been doing more than 75kph.



So the question is, how fast were you going before you spotted the cop 200m away?


As I said, he would not have spotted me until I came around the corner 200 metres away from him and at that time I was doing 74kph. I am sure these guys try and bluff you into agreeing with their speeding 'estimation' so they can legally book you. The first thing he told me when he stopped me was that our conversation was being recorded before he started making accusations about speeding.

He was probably having a bad day and hadn't filled his quota yet.



But wiz, how fast were you going before you spotted the cop 200m ahead?


To admit to any more than what he has already said would be foolish.



I had only just entered the 70kph zone and I slowed to that speed. I only just drifted up to 74kph as I rounded the corner as it was slightly downhill. The guy who pulled me up was deadset in the wrong and was trying to intimidate me.

I am tempted to complain about him to the local police station but am a bit wary of repercussions.
#24
Dudeman
Supporter
  • Total Posts : 2589
  • Scores: 259
  • Reward points: 5517
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Dark side of the moon.
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 14:20:06 (permalink)
0
quote:
Originally posted by DVST8R

quote:
Originally posted by Dudeman

quote:
Originally posted by wiz

quote:
Originally posted by Dudeman

quote:
Originally posted by wiz

I had a nasty experience with the law today. The wife and I were out for a pleasant drive in the countryside and were in a 70kph zone and rounded a corner and spotted a cop on the side of the road 200 mtrs. away. So I instantly glanced at the speedo which showed 74kph.
Anyway he pulled me over and asked in an arrogant manner how fast I thought I was going and I told him that I checked my speedo and would not have been doing more than 75kph.



So the question is, how fast were you going before you spotted the cop 200m away?


As I said, he would not have spotted me until I came around the corner 200 metres away from him and at that time I was doing 74kph. I am sure these guys try and bluff you into agreeing with their speeding 'estimation' so they can legally book you. The first thing he told me when he stopped me was that our conversation was being recorded before he started making accusations about speeding.

He was probably having a bad day and hadn't filled his quota yet.



But wiz, how fast were you going before you spotted the cop 200m ahead?


To admit to any more than what he has already said would be foolish.



What, do you think that the cop is going to read this and decide to chase him up with a fine?[88]
#25
Dudeman
Supporter
  • Total Posts : 2589
  • Scores: 259
  • Reward points: 5517
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Dark side of the moon.
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 14:31:41 (permalink)
0
quote:
Originally posted by wiz



I had a nasty experience with the law today.
The first thing he told me when he stopped me was that our conversation was being recorded before he started making accusations about speeding.

The guy who pulled me up was deadset in the wrong and was trying to intimidate me.

I am tempted to complain about him to the local police station but am a bit wary of repercussions.



Well if he was a deadset rude pig who was trying to intimidate you and the conversation was being recorded why don't you make a complaint?

I would if it happened to me.

What sort of reprocussions could there be? If you aren't doing the wrong thing and don't have some 'dumped on its arse full sik machine' what could they do?

Lie and make poo poo up?

Not if they record whats going on, that would get them in serious trouble i'd imagine.
#26
jpaudio
MR2 Scholar
  • Total Posts : 520
  • Scores: 16
  • Reward points: 3165
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Sydney nsw Australia
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 14:47:24 (permalink)
0
I guess the point of this thread is how can a stationary policeman with no Radar book a driver for speeding?

Its like the below link, a driver was speeding a policeman was pursuing and was let off because the police had no evidence as to the speed of the driver!

http://www.caradvice.com.au/91671/lamborghini-gallardo-mechanic-beats-hoon-charge/
#27
DVST8R
MR2 Aficionado
  • Total Posts : 535
  • Scores: 2
  • Reward points: 2498
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Australia
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 15:54:04 (permalink)
0
quote:
Originally posted by Dudeman

quote:
Originally posted by DVST8R

quote:
Originally posted by Dudeman

But wiz, how fast were you going before you spotted the cop 200m ahead?


To admit to any more than what he has already said would be foolish.



What, do you think that the cop is going to read this and decide to chase him up with a fine?[88]

Doubtful, but someone could always pass it on to him.
#28
Dudeman
Supporter
  • Total Posts : 2589
  • Scores: 259
  • Reward points: 5517
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Dark side of the moon.
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 16:02:11 (permalink)
0
Where did it happen exactly?

Might have to avoid that area if the cops are arse clowns there.
#29
Dudeman
Supporter
  • Total Posts : 2589
  • Scores: 259
  • Reward points: 5517
  • Joined: 2011/04/07 19:51:15
  • Location: Dark side of the moon.
  • Status: offline
RE: Police bluff? 2010/11/21 16:04:12 (permalink)
0
quote:
Originally posted by DVST8R

quote:
Originally posted by Dudeman

quote:
Originally posted by DVST8R

quote:
Originally posted by Dudeman

But wiz, how fast were you going before you spotted the cop 200m ahead?


To admit to any more than what he has already said would be foolish.



What, do you think that the cop is going to read this and decide to chase him up with a fine?[88]

Doubtful, but someone could always pass it on to him.



Ha ha, yeah i'm sure that chain of evidence would be laughed out of court for a 10kph speeding ticket.[88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88][88]
#30
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:

© 2024 APG vNext Trial Version 5.5