Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot!Wakefield Park Trackday Challenge 2019 Rescued

Author
Highlander
MR2 Deity
  • Total Posts : 328
  • Scores: 157
  • Reward points: 3381
2019/08/24 20:52:46 (permalink)
5 (2)

Wakefield Park Trackday Challenge 2019 Rescued

WAKEFIELD PARK TRACKDAY CHALLENGE 2019

TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 8-9, 2019

Thanks to the support of an enthusiastic group, we have rescued the October 8 and 9 trackday event and entries are now open

There are sufficient committed entries to confirm that the event will definitely go ahead and the track facilities and accommodation have been secured.

The entry list as at 14 September includes

Alex Berlee          Toyota SW20 Turbo
Charlie Bianco      Toyota ZZW30 K24 Turbo
Mike Bonfield       Toyota SW20
Paul Cantero        Toyota ZZW30
Rob Chestnut      Toyota SW20
Pablo Colmenares Toyota SW20
Doug Cooper       Toyota SW20 Turbo
Alec Cutler           Toyota Yaris
Jim Dimitriou        Toyota AW11 Turbo
Jon Dimitriou        Nissan 370Z Turbo
Ben Ferrara          Toyota SW20
Peter Garrad        Toyota ZZW30 K24
Graeme Hume       Toyota AW11 Rotary Turbo
Aaron Knight        Subaru WRX GC8
Rob Knox            Toyota SW20 Turbo
Blandon Le          Toyota Echo
Jonathan Ljubic    Toyota ZZW30 K20
Eric Manderson     Toyota SW20 V6 Supercharged
Frank Manna         Falcon XR6 Turbo
David Morris         Toyota SW20 Turbo     
Nathan Notley       Lotus Exige
Stephen Notley     Lotus Exige
Anthony Oh          Toyota 86
Eddie Piekar          Toyota SW20 Turbo
Ben Pinkstone       Toyota SW20 V6 Supercharged
Rick Plane             Toyota SW20
Danny Rajamae     Toyota ZZW30 K24
Ross Salkic           Mustang GT
David Truong        Honda Integra
Steve Truong        Honda integra
Adrian You           Toyota SW20 V6
Danti Zaia             Toyota Sw20

Strictly limited to a maximum of 30 places, the Wakefield Trackday Challenge provides a unique opportunity for participants to test their skills over a number of disciplines including the clubman circuit, an extended tarmac stage and extended open pit lane time on the full circuit in a demanding, action packed two day format.

Add to this Natsoft timing, trackside accommodation, included pit straight garages, untimed passenger sessions, a community barbecue and the priceless banter and camaraderie that comes with the overnight stay and you have an event not to be missed.

The event is is open to sedan or sports car type vehicles with categories for street, modified street and circuit cars. In short, everything except open wheel race cars.

You will require a minimum of a CAMS Level 2S Speed licence or AASA Clubman licence. Minimum clothing requirements include long pants, long sleeves, closed shoes and a helmet.

Entrants will be divided into three equal groups based on lap times and/or experience, ensuring both low track density and plenty of clear space to chase those personal best times.

As the event follows immediately after the MR2 Nationals to be held in Canberra October 4-7, it is expected that it will be attractive to the visiting MR2 community.

A special invitation has been extended to the Supra Club of NSW which could add to the big brother, little brother on track rivalry

All this for just $630 provides you with great value and a unique opportunity not often offered at Wakefield Park. Additional night’s accommodation may be arranged both prior to and after the event and for those of you not satisfied with two days of full on action, Circuit Club also have a trackday event scheduled for Monday October 7.

An entry form is available at the following link https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtJUq2KFlgl5kLgb2kuZoOVvoNKp3w
and an invoice will be forwarded to you immediately on acceptance of your entry. Single day entries may be accepted if the two day spots are not fully subscribed.  Please contact me I you wish to be placed on the single day waiting list.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to call or message me on 0418 673 610. Or pgarrad@netspace.net.au

Thank you again to the community members who have made this event possible in 2019.

Peter Garrad

post edited by Highlander - 2019/09/14 17:45:38

Attached Image(s)

2 Replies Related Threads

Shaz
    Supporter
    • Total Posts : 1280
    • Scores: 174
    • Reward points: 3583
    Re: Wakefield Park Trackday Challenge 2019 Rescued 2019/08/25 13:59:02 (permalink)
    Thanks Peter.

Looking forward to another fun time.

I notice a few MR2's that aren't yet entered for Nationals.  That will be another great time.  A bit slower & different, but just as much fun.

https://www.mr2australia.com/mr2play/tm.aspx?m=142063&mpage=3#142719

MR2 Club of NSW - Club Secretary

1990 SW20 N/A
    WaaaHooo
     I love my little blue 2, she is worth it.  I love my little blue 2, maybe , yes, I love my little blue 2.

http://www.mr2australia.com/mr2play/tm.aspx?m=94040
    Highlander
    MR2 Deity
    • Total Posts : 328
    • Scores: 157
    • Reward points: 3381
    Re: Wakefield Park Trackday Challenge 2019 Rescued 2019/09/01 20:58:30 (permalink)
    Graeme Hume confirms AW11 entry for the Wakefield Park Trackday Challenge 2019.
    Graeme's car is probably the most radically modified AW11 in the country. Powered by a turbo rotary engine boasting somewhere near 500 whp;this sports sedan has radically modified suspension and has been previously campaigned in the Victorian Sports Sedan Championship events.
    This will be Graeme's first visit to Wakefield Park, and at a sprightly 82 years of age, and showing no sign of slowing down, he is sure to give the MR2 lap record a decent nudge.
    Build quality and innovations in this car have to be seen to be believed. The car is certainly different to what we have seen in modified AW11s and Graeme hopes tyhat some of the younger generation ill be inspired by his build and be prepared to have a crack based on his design and develop an even more radical car.
    He has all the drawings, particularly in relation to the car's suspension and will make them available.He has even offered to "help where I have made mistakes".
    Can't wait to see this animal at Wakefield on October 8

Attached Image(s)

Jump to:

© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5