Been a while since I've updated this thread. Few improvements made in the past few months. Firstly, I have finally had my RacerX Side Mount intercooler and Greddy EBC installed (done by professional). Having a small issue with the aftermarket fan included with the intercooler kit - it kept tripping something in the ECU and turning the fan off/illuminating a dashlight. Had an auto electrician modify a relay so that the fan is wired to run indefinitely with ignition on, regardless of the dashlight.. still need to get around to sorting out the light so I'll check ECU codes
Greddy EBC has a low and high boost setting - at the moment the high boost is set to a conservative 13.5-ish psi (close to stock) which feels very nice. I've noticed with the boost controller off (the EBC seconds as boost gauge) that the stock boost rarely ever goes over 10psi. Bit confused as the stock Gen3 is apparently meant to run 13psi stock however it must be something wastegate related as to my knowledge, the stock boost settings also works off engine temperature??
As I do not have a wideband installed, I'll be sure to take the car to a dyno where they can monitor my air/fuel ratio and tune the controller for a little more boost!
Also just recently replaced all brake pads and rotors. The old ones didn't necessarily need replacing however I wasn't sure how old the parts were or what brand/make so I'd rather the peace of mind of knowing exactly what I have. Fronts were replaced with RDA dimple drilled & slotted rotors, rear rotors are DBA HD series and I'm running QFM HPX pads all 4 corners. Didn't opt for the QFM AR1M pads as my car is 99% a daily driver and it felt like overkill. Also replaced all the wheelnuts with Project Kics Leggdura Racing Duralium nuts as I wasn't a fan of the rusting chrome ones that came with the car. Pretty happy with the finished look!
Other work done that I do not have photos of is my clutch fork and pivot ball in the gearbox being replaced as it turns out the factory items had begun to fail (cracked I think) which was causing a clunking sound when fully depressing the clutch pedal. Really annoyed as my previous mechanic should of mentioned it when he did the clutch (see Exedy clutch kit on Page 2). My new mechanic (more of a specialty tuner, works on mostly high performance Evos) pointed out that the throwout bearing had been put in backwards (didn't know this was possible) and some internal gearbox parts were not lubricated.. pretty bummed out but I had it all fixed and I'm glad I made the switch to a new tradesman!
Quite happy with how the car is feeling at the moment. Going to keep working on serviceable items for now - ideally fuel filter and bushings. There's a few quality of life fixes I'd love to implement as well such as rattles from the front wheel wells while driving,etc (most likely due to missing retaining bolts in the wheel well plastic guards)
post edited by Hoonsy - 2018/01/06 16:41:06