Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

AnsweredHot!Matt's 1990 JDM SW20 Turbo MR2

Page: << < ..11 Showing page 11 of 11
Author
Matts_SW20
NSW Moderator
  • Total Posts : 260
  • Scores: 46
  • Reward points: 1367
Re: 2019/03/14 21:51:56 (permalink)
Nik_Lee
Wow, you have had a bit going on haven't you, its nice to see that those wheels ended coming up so nicely in the end though, oh and how did the bolts come up what did you do with them in the end?
Have you thought about a slightly lower ride height for your car? if you went the coilover route and went with KW coilovers you could also fit their HLS which gives you up to 45mm of lift to negotiate steep access areas.

Been very busy since my last update and the car is never done :p I cleaned the bolts with vinegar and polish, I was going to replace some but couldn't source anything other than genuine RAYS at $4 a bolt or crappy colored eBay ones. I thought it best to use the current ones as they weren't too bad but one day they'll need replacing as you suggested
Looking to get Eibach Pro springs at some point with Koni's but money is depleting haha I've tried coil overs before and been burnt so I'm not too inclined to go back down that route sadly. 

Falcon
You have been busy. And congratulations !!
Some sod has pinched all your photos ?  Nice looking car till that happened. Thanks for the story.
Nik Lee. What is this New Toy you speak about ?? Do tell. Photos.

Thank you. The photos seem to remain for me although when I use tapatalk they sometimes bug out. Welcome for the story everyone loves a good one :p 

MR2 Club of Australia (NSW Branch) Inc.
President and Public Officer
Matts_SW20
NSW Moderator
  • Total Posts : 260
  • Scores: 46
  • Reward points: 1367
Re: 2019/03/15 23:15:13 (permalink)
In an effort to fix the intermittent boost issue I was advised to change coolant sensors. Bought 2 off eBay for about $20 each and the one for the gauge went fine however the one for the ECU decided to snap whilst tightening:

So I took all the piping out so I could get in there with an easy out:

and in the process a hose past its expiry, so much joy right now:

But I got the Bast**d out:

Put it back together with stock sensor so it could drive to meet and the water pipe housing in the 3rd picture decided not to seal anymore and started dripping coolant so I ordered a new O ring from Toyota. For the perished pipe Jaemus helped me out with some spare hose but it was too small for the barb. Got it on with the might of Zeus but it'll need to change. Once I have the O-ring and the new sensor I'll delete the hoses to the throttle body and use that pipe to replace the one from Jaemus and then I can take my car for the drive I've been dieing to do. 

MR2 Club of Australia (NSW Branch) Inc.
President and Public Officer
Page: << < ..11 Showing page 11 of 11
Jump to:

© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5