Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

AnsweredHot!Shaz's baby

Page: << < ..21 Showing page 21 of 21
Author
Shaz
Supporter
  • Total Posts : 1280
  • Scores: 174
  • Reward points: 3583
Re: Shaz's baby 2019/03/16 12:20:39 (permalink)
Matts_SW20
Good to know you can at least test by re-installing the side to side cable, I'm sure your local mechanic would be able to do that. Does mean another $140 in labour or so but if it fixes the problem then happy days. 

Yeah, I know he "could", but not sure he wants to & i'm not sure if I want him to.  
Daniel said he should be able to do it, if I can get he to his work.

MR2 Club of NSW - Club Secretary

1990 SW20 N/A
WaaaHooo
 I love my little blue 2, she is worth it.  I love my little blue 2, maybe , yes, I love my little blue 2.

http://www.mr2australia.com/mr2play/tm.aspx?m=94040
Shaz
Supporter
  • Total Posts : 1280
  • Scores: 174
  • Reward points: 3583
Re: Shaz's baby 2019/04/10 22:39:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Daniel had been really busy & getting her over to him was a challenge, so I sucked it up & went back to see my local mechanic last week.  Didn't see Marco, but the boss said they would continue the challenge.  Booked her in for yesterday.  
Marco did the work again, swapped the original side/side shifter back in.  He apologised for not checking more thoroughly.  Same length, but there is a part of the original that is slightly adjustable, that wasn't on the replacement.
Picked her up yesterday afternoon.  Fully expected to have to pay for the labour, but the boss said no payment necessary.
And Marco's mood was much better having fixed the problem.
Took a looong way home just to be sure & took a drive this afternoon to our favourite spot, just to make doubly sure that everything was ok.......... she is now shifting like she should 
Feeling much better about continuing to let Marco work on her.

Attached Image(s)

MR2 Club of NSW - Club Secretary

1990 SW20 N/A
WaaaHooo
 I love my little blue 2, she is worth it.  I love my little blue 2, maybe , yes, I love my little blue 2.

http://www.mr2australia.com/mr2play/tm.aspx?m=94040
Falcon
MR2 Deity
  • Total Posts : 527
  • Scores: 140
  • Reward points: 4096
Re: Shaz's baby 2019/04/11 06:14:01 (permalink)
So simple yet so tricky. Some of these poor little cars are not operating as they should because of these sort of out of adjustment problems. Troublesome cable was possibly from a different year model. Hardly any of them are still in original configuration having been buggered with by a number of owners.
You are very fortunate with the local mechanic as not too many of them are competent much less willing to continue to chase down a difficult to find problem. Shout him a very nice present and a thank you card.

Page: << < ..21 Showing page 21 of 21
Jump to:

© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5