Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Have you ever walked out of a car dealership just before signing a final purchase contract

Author
RAY MR2
MR2 Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Scores: 5
  • Reward points: 557
2020/11/23 21:42:50 (permalink)

Have you ever walked out of a car dealership just before signing a final purchase contract

One time back in the early 90’s I was going to upgrade my car and buy a new Toyota MR2. It looks a bit dated now but at the time it was awesome, just what a young man needed 😊. Mine was just like this except for the spoiler on the back (there’s a reason they’re called spoilers!)

I went to a local dealership to get a test drive. I turned up in my car, probably only worth £3000. The owner looked at me and my car and refused to let me have a test drive, he gave me a look that said, “you can’t afford one”. So I left.
A few weeks later I went back in my brand new car, I used some false excuse like do you sell doormats for this? I made sure he knew he had lost a sale. His business no longer exists.

1 Reply Related Threads

rynex
    Supporter
    • Total Posts : 149
    • Scores: 38
    • Reward points: 644
    Re: Have you ever walked out of a car dealership just before signing a final purchase cont 2020/11/23 22:53:56 (permalink)
    I bought (pre-ordered) a Suzuki Jimny last year, my partner convinced me that evening that it was a silly idea and I returned the contract the next day.

Two weeks later she test drove one and said "this is pretty great, maybe you SHOULD get it", when I called they said it was now a 8 month waiting list.

I bought the aw11 a month later and regret nothing XD

The moral of the story is, ignore the practical car and buy another MR2.
    Jump to:

© 2021 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5