Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot!Toyota is going back into production of parts for several old model cars

Author
RAY MR2
MR2 Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Scores: 3
  • Reward points: 156
2020/08/31 00:04:09 (permalink)
5 (1)

Toyota is going back into production of parts for several old model cars

Toyota Supra A70, A80 Parts Going Back Into Production. 
With plenty of requests Toyota has decided to make parts for two Supra models. No word yet on when parts for MR2's will be made but pressure from enthusiasts all over the world should make that happen too. Toyota made me a one off part for a SW 20 at the height of the GFC recession, they stamped out the panel from the dies they still had in the factory, air freighted it to Melbourne & I picked it up from my local Toyota dealer in country NSW. Great service from a truly great company. When business returned to normal they stopped doing things like that.

With a new Toyota Supra now available, the Japanese automaker is focusing its attention on existing Supra owners. Today, Toyota announced the launch of the GR Heritage Parts Project. The new initiative will reproduce spare parts that are no longer available, and the first of those parts will be for the Supra A70 (1986-1993) and the A80 (1993-2002).
Toyota won't be reproducing every A70 and A80 part, though. The project will begin producing the A70's propeller shaft, door handles, fuel sender gauge, weatherstrips, and front emblem. A80 parts that are heading to production are the headlamps, door handles, and brake boosters. 

Toyota’s GR Heritage Parts Project comes as other automakers have introduced similar programs to support existing customers and enthusiasts. MazdaLamborghiniFCALand Rover, and others have similar programs that reproduce parts, assist with restorations, or act as a resource for owners. 

Owning and maintaining a car long out of production has its challenges. Older cars can have temperamental personalities, and they enjoy the economic terrorism they inflict upon their owners. Programs like Toyota’s GR Heritage Parts Project can help owners who want to maintain their vehicles in the best way possible.

Source: Toyota
post edited by RAY MR2 - 2020/09/14 21:28:19

1 Reply Related Threads

PocketRadzys
    MR2 Aficionado
    • Total Posts : 39
    • Scores: 13
    • Reward points: 120
    Re: Toyota is going back into production of parts for several old model cars 2020/08/31 11:38:20 (permalink)
    Nissan did the same thing recently with heritage parts. My understanding is they really jacked the price though, which is unfortunate but at least the option is there. Hopefully Toyota's pricing will be a bit more reasonable.
    Jump to:

© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5