Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot!Wanted to SWAP - Lightweight AW11 Motorsport Doors For a Pair of Standard Doors - Brisbane

Author
Onerudeman
MR2 Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 89
2020/08/05 14:05:31 (permalink)

Wanted to SWAP - Lightweight AW11 Motorsport Doors For a Pair of Standard Doors - Brisbane

Hi all,

My AW11 has a set of light weight doors perfect for circuit/hillclimb or even occasional car club activities.  They have been gutted to keep the weight waaay down and had a really nice professional frame installed to hold the lexan panel in place and actually do a very good job of applying enough closing pre-load to keep the door well sealed.

The doors are straight with no dents or rust.  The lexan is good with no scratches or opacity (is that a word?).  the inside has a pretty decent checker door card on it ala MR2 background.

They would be awesome for most motorsport except not for gravel rally (where i regularly will need to keep very inclement weather outside), and where the CAMS regs are very strict about not removing side intrusion bars unless I really go to town on honeycomb carbon fibre blah blah blah).

So, i'm keen to swap these 2x groovy doors with a huge amount of work spent on them for a set of standard doors with the following comments;

1. preferably early wind up windows, but fast glass later ones ok. 
2. Prefer white painted but other colours ok.
3. must be straight and without obvious rust or repairs that needs me to do a bunch of work
4. Prefer in Brisbane or close enough to do a hand to hand swap - no desire at all to post.
5. happy to sell so long as I get enough to purchase another pair.

Anyway, thanks for reading and hopefully there is someone out there who can assist.

Otherwise I'm happy to purchase a couple of doors and keep these for spares.

Thanks

1RM  

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

feral4mr2
    MR2 Master
    • Total Posts : 208
    • Scores: 32
    • Reward points: 3897
    Re: Wanted to SWAP - Lightweight AW11 Motorsport Doors For a Pair of Standard Doors - Bris 2020/08/29 11:14:54 (permalink)
    Whats the weight of them mate?   I'd be keen on swap as I have a pair of blue electric wind up doors, BUT I've totally stripped one in prep to make molds of them. 
    So that's a bugger as I wouldn't know where I've put all the internal bits from it.... hahaa.. doh.

if it's not blown, it sucks
    Jump to:

© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5