Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot!SOLD!! Complete 1991 Gen2 3SGTE with non LSD e153

Author
WHITCHY
MR2 Aficionado
  • Total Posts : 181
  • Scores: 8
  • Reward points: 4272
2020/06/23 14:32:20 (permalink)

SOLD!! Complete 1991 Gen2 3SGTE with non LSD e153

This is the original engine from my 1991 SW20 Turbo.
It made it all the way to 200,000km with only a hose from hell failure which was replaced at about 190,000km! The engine needs a freshen up, ever since I first purchased the car 10 years ago it has had an issue with blow by, I suspect rings as removing the oil cap results in a significant drop in idle! As a result the intake, piping and cooler have a nice coating of oil.

My intentions were to drive until something major went and replace it with a Gen3 3SGTE, this engine just refused to give up! As the kms crept up oil leaks have developed so it's a very dirty donk now! I relied on this as a daily so it has still been serviced regularly and never run low on oil so there are no knocks or issues.
This sale includes:
Complete 1991 Gen2 3SGTE engine
CT26 turbo with zero shaft play - zero!! I was blown away when I tried to wiggle the impeller!
Stock dump pipe Stock(ish) exhaust - see pictures it looks like someone welded in a cat or another muffler?
AFM Stock intake piping
Stock intercooler with fan
AC compressor
ECU
Distributor
Igniter

Gen 2 non LSD e153 gearbox - The gearbox will also need a rebuild, 2nd and 3rd gear are almost as crunchy as a bowl of coco pops. Gen 2 non LSD axles with hubs - the brake shields are bent to accommodate larger Gen3 brakes - brakes are NOT included.

Price: $1800

I need to make some room in my garage so I can rip the 2GR out of my Aurion so I really want to just get rid of this whole setup in one hit. If I can find a buyer for the engine and a buyer for the gearbox I will consider selling them separately.

Pickup only from Medowie, 30 mins north of Newcastle. I have an engine crane so I can assist loading into a ute/wagon/4wd.

Thanks for looking!
post edited by WHITCHY - 2020/06/23 15:41:31

Attached Image(s)

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:

© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5