Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot!Timing belt kit

Author
MG_MR2
MR2 Aficionado
  • Total Posts : 182
  • Scores: 13
  • Reward points: 1198
2020/05/07 16:26:40 (permalink)

Timing belt kit

Hi everyone,

I’m planning on doing a timing belt job on my SW20 (3SGTE) and will be ordering all the parts soon (PartSouq most likely).

If anyone is interested in getting the parts I’m happy to order 2 of each or more if people are interested.

It will be complete and either Toyota brand or good brand made in Japan (I’ve already got the parts in my cart but I’ll go over them) including cam seals, front crank seal, oil pump seals, water pump, tensioners, hydraulic tensioner, belt.

This is not a group buy or any of that stuff, it’s just easier to order multiples of parts. Postage will be split with however many people want in. I’m in Sydney so factor in either picking up or postage (should be pretty cheap).

Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

JME
    MR2 Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 33
    • Scores: 0
    • Reward points: 197
    Re: Timing belt kit 2020/05/13 10:27:29 (permalink)
    I'm about to drop the engine out of my Rev 1 to change the clutch, I figure I will do the water pump, timing belt, etc at the same time.

Do you really think it's worth doing the cam seals, crank seal, oil pump seals?  I have a bad history of changing seals and having the new seal leak :(

MG_MR2
    MR2 Aficionado
    • Total Posts : 182
    • Scores: 13
    • Reward points: 1198
    Re: Timing belt kit 2020/05/13 18:27:03 (permalink)
    Would be silly not to do that stuff while engine is out. It’s one of those things with cars isn’t it, you start with one thing and think, while I’m here I’ll do that, and seeing as I’ve got that apart I’ll also do that and would be good opportunity to clean that up and I’ll also paint that...12 months later. But yes if you’re dropping the engine then definitely at least do timing belt components if they’re worn/old/age unknown.

When I say oil pump seals I’m referring to the rubber ring that goes behind the front housing and O-seal behind pulley (pretty standard). Fair point re changing seals, sometimes they form they’re own groove and a new seal allows them to leak. I tend to think if they’re already leaking or the condition of surrounding housings are ok it’s worth doing.

Jump to:

© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5