Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot!LH Engine Mount Question

Author
TwoDogs
MR2 Aficionado
  • Total Posts : 291
  • Scores: 13
  • Reward points: 2221
2020/01/21 09:40:35 (permalink)

LH Engine Mount Question

G'day Viewers,
  I have just noticed that my 3sgte RH engine mount brackets (the one that bolts to the engine to accept the rubber mount/insulator and the triangular brace on top) have had their holes elongated due to being bashed by movement due to other loose mounts. I also noticed that the LH mount appears to have slots for the bolts, instead of holes, and I am wondering if that is normal or have these holes also been elongated ?  Part number 1232574130 (and maybe the top section 12372-74280). When I look from underneath the bolt holes appear out the side of both flanged bolt heads.    
 cheers and HNY to everyone.

2 Replies Related Threads

Falcon
    Supporter
    • Total Posts : 583
    • Scores: 162
    • Reward points: 4456
    Re: LH Engine Mount Question 2020/01/22 07:43:20 (permalink)
    Be highly concerned of condition of those three bolts and their threads in the engine block.
    They have bound to have been loose to cause the elongation.
    They are the only attachment to that end of the engine.
    Also worth examining condition of shanks and threads of the two studs in the aluminium mount.
    They suspend the whole weight of that end of engine.
    Both parts of that LH gearbox mount do have elongated holes as standard from factory.
    TwoDogs
    MR2 Aficionado
    • Total Posts : 291
    • Scores: 13
    • Reward points: 2221
    Re: LH Engine Mount Question 2020/01/22 10:11:40 (permalink)
    @Falcon Thanks mate, the play I see in the 2 holes of the LH mount looking up from under the car appear to be about 1/4" and are transversal. There are marks that show previously positioned at the other end of the play. If that play is simply to facilitate getting engine mounted more easily then I won't replace. I have a photo but not sure how to insert it (wants a URL link to my machine ??)
    You say it is normal that the holes are elongated which is fine and since any play relies the bolts to hold position by tightness alone, then I guess I'm good to go.

Jump to:

© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5