Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Brisbane 1990 SW20 - with a catch

Author
JED87
MR2 Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 100
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 3625
2019/10/05 09:45:18 (permalink)

Brisbane 1990 SW20 - with a catch

For sale is my black 1990 Australian-delivered SW20 with 205,270km. It is completely stock, I'm the second owner, and it has been my much-loved daily drive for the past 9 years.
As you might expect from a daily driver, there are a few imperfections. There are a few blemishes on the body work, but overall everything is quite tidy. The air conditioning doesn't work, the radio antenna doesn't raise, and the lazy tacho thing is present.
The suspension was completely overhauled 20,000km ago with stock equivalent struts and PU bushes. The timing belt was changed at 200,000km. The interior is black, and is in fairly good condition for its age.
The car currently has 16" Advan RG1 wheels and a gen3 lip.
All that sounds amazing, right!? Read on...

1. The front left sway bar mount has torn out of the body. It should not be a difficult job to fix if you know what you're doing, but that is very much not the case for me.
2. There is a final drive whine - a gearbox expert has inspected it and saw no cause for alarm, and it doesn't affect the performance of the drive or gearshifting, but it is present. It is road speed dependent, and is independent of engine speed, clutch, gear selection or brakes. Again, I believe it is not a big issue, but you can hear it.

Due to my current circumstances, I am unable to dedicate the time required to get her back on the road. This presents YOU with an amazing opportunity for a bargain, however. If you can reattach the sway bar mount, you will have a beautifully driving stock sdub to do with as you desire.
Make me an offer! Feel free to comment or PM for more details; my phone number can be supplied to arrange inspection.

Note that the set of non-stock 15" wheels that came with the car will be included for free, if desired.

Attached Image(s)

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:

© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5