FOR SALE in NSW - TRD 2000GT Replica with Extra Wide Body Kit and 1MZ-FTE (V6) Engine
Model: Originally SW20 now TRD 2000GT Replica with extra Wide Body Kit and 1MZ-FE (V6) engine conversion
Kms: 171,000 on Speedo and about 30,000 on current engine build.
Rego: Expires Jun 2020Location:
History: I purchased this car of Daz a few years ago and transported it across from Perth / WA.
Modifications: air filter, border front bar, 17x8 f, 17x9 rear wheels
Overall condition: Very Good the project was originally completed in 2012 so it has 7 years of wear on the body kit and interior. Wouldn't take much to bring it back to showroom.
I am looking at finding a worthy new home for “Little Red”, Daz's TRD 2000GT widebody with 3.0 litre turbo-charged V6 conversion. As many forum folks will know Darren started the project in 2010 in Perth, I transported it over from WA to NSW in 2016.
He largely based it upon the Toyota TRD super widebody, itself a road-going version of the Japanese track racing version of the SW20 vehicles:
- Original Engine build thread here:
- Original Showroom Thread here:
- Original Project Thread here:
There is a lot of modifications to this car. I am happy to supply a full list to anyone interested in purchasing the vehicle or you can refer to the above threads. I spared no effort in making sure it was fully compliant for NSW roads and has a full engineering certificate for all modifications (Body kit, V6 Engine conversion and Wheels). You will be able to drive around Sydney with the peace of mind the police won't bother you with fines for illegal modifications.
Listing a few things worth noting:
- BODY WORK - TRD CUSTOM WIDEBODY 2000GT with an additional 40mm extra width in the rear quarter panels. It looks amazing in the side mirrors!
- RIMS - To fit the 40mm wider rear arches, and fill the slightly wider than standard front fenders, a custom staggered set of Rays VOLKS GTS in gunmetal were manufactured in the USA and sent to us, with 18 x 8 +20 in the fronts, and 19 x 10.5” -2 offset in the rear
- INTERIOR - had a full refit, with both seats, centre panel, storage box, gear gaiter, steering wheel/indicator assembly surround, doorcards and sun visors all re-clad in red stitch black leather. Moulded 3-gauge dash mounted pod assembly sits on top, holding the original TRD oil temp/oil pressure/boost gauges, wired into the original TRD race tracking unit housed in the centre console; The unit collects data from the gauges which can be output v ia USB. Including a late model TRD steering wheel.
- BRAKES - Wilwood big brake kit sourced from Wolfkatz, USA installed – 330mm front, 300mm rear, slotted brake discs, with Wilwood calipers on front, and late model 93T SW20 turbo calipers on the rears; we fitted the master cylinder and brake booster set up from the late-model (95 onwards) MR2 SW20 3S GTE models, and connected the whole affair using braided steel hoses.
- ENGINE - The engine conversion happened between July and December 2012. The V6 1MZ-FE block was installed, mated to custom Garret 3071 turbo charger, and managed via Haltech EC11. The original crate motor came from a 2000 Camry Avalon, with 10,000kms. This new setup has now travelled approx. 30,000kms with no problems at all.
- GEARBOX - Engine mates to the existing E153 gearbox via OZ Giken STR Twin Plate clutch – the engine/gearbox combination has about 26,000 kms on it; The gearbox has a total 178,000 kms on it and is absolutely rock solid.
- Exhaust - Exhaust is Magnatec 3” high flow with custom pipework to suit V6 application. This sounds devine!
Daz supplied a full box of Receipts and Invoices - > $150,000 spent over his years ownership, regular servicing etc;
This car is a pleasure to own but unfortunately with 2 young kids I need to find something with some rear seats.
The initial tune at commissioning/handover showed 304 rwhp on a conservative 12PSi, designed to let me get used to the wall of torque. The engine and block are forged rods and pistons, and were previously in the original output curves shown here, along with original 1MZ-FE spec. To describe it as a first experience, the tacho increases in first and second gear at the same rate as the speedometer’s km/hr.
This TRD 2000 GT project is finished, legal, fully documented, has a very decent amount of very useable power in an everyday driver setup, probably capable of much more. Only travelled 30,000km on the new Engine setup with the 1MZ-FE. Vehicle registration expires in NSW till June 2020.
Any questions feel free to reach out.
Price: $25,000 ono mainly looking for a good home for her.
Contact: PM me or email firstname.lastname@example.org