October Event - MR2 Nationals
As you may know the October event is MR2 Nationals! The full details are below. For NSW cars a cruise down has been organised so we can all drive together. The details are as follows: Date
: Friday 4th October 2019Location
: McDonald's Liverpool West, Elizabeth &, McLean St, Liverpool NSW 2170Route
: https://goo.gl/maps/kj6BCoo63U4RZ6Mj8Meet Time
: 1:00pmDeparture Time
Get your car ready
MR2 Nationals 2019 in Canberra, ACT
Dates: Friday 4th October - Monday 7th October, 2019
Open to all MR2 Owners!!!!!
The MR2 Nationals is a bi-annual event that brings together MR2's and their owners from all over Australia for one huge weekend of motoring pleasure.
A gathering of MR2 owners from more than one State met in Goulburn, New South Wales in 2003 to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the NSW Branch of the MR2 Owners Club of Australia. Many believe that this was the first MR2 Nationals Meeting, which I guess it was. It was from that meeting a suggestion to hold an MR2 Nationals meeting in other States of Australia on a regular basis was made.
However it was not until four years later in 2007 that a truly MR2 Nationals Meeting was held in Canberra in the Australian Capital Territory was organised. This was followed by the MR2 Nationals 2009 in Bathurst, NSW, the MR2 Nationals 2011 in Bright, Victoria, the MR2 Nationals 2013 in Hobart, Tasmania, the MR2 Nationals 2015 in Brisbane, QLD and the MR2 Nationals 2017 in Adelaide, SA.
This year we are heading back to Canberra, where it officially began, so lets make it a big one. It will be a great sight to see plenty of MR2's gracing the streets of our Nation's Capital again.
Balcony Deluxe Rooms (double or twin) - $129 per room per night
King Rooms (4 only) - $149 per room per night
**Call them to reserve your room. Credit card required, but no payment taken until you arrive. Make sure you mention MR2 Nationals for the special pricing.
* Arrive Friday 4th October at Statesman Hotel - MR2 Headquarters
* Saturday 5th October - Black Mountain Tower Morning Tour, Cotter Reserve BBQ for lunch
* Sunday 6th October - Parliament House Visist & Show and Shine and Dinner at the Statesmen
(* Optional Extra: Goulburn for Wakefield Park Track Day Challenge 8 - 9 October)
Registration is essential.
To register your spot:
- Read carefully on the conditions of entry.
- Fill in your details and sign the attached entry form.
- Pay the entry fee to the MR2 Owners’ Club of Australia (VIC Branch) Inc.
- Scan & email the form to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost: $55 (per car & driver, passenger free) this includes:
- BBQ at Cotter Dam
- Standard Parliament House Tour (Behind the scenes can be arranged, depending on numbers & would cost extra - TBA)
- Dedicated MR2 Parking for Show 'n' Shine
- Complimentary 10 days membership to the VIC MR2 Club (if not already a member)