MR2 NATIONALS 2019 in CANBERRA ACT
Book your Holidays
MR2 Nationals 2019 in Canberra, ACT
Dates: Friday 4th October - Monday 7th October, 2019
Open to all MR2 Owners!!!!!
The MR2 Nationals is a bi-annual event that brings together MR2's and their owners from all over Australia for one huge weekend of motoring pleasure. Check out some of the previous events at http://mr2club.com.au/?page_id=36
A gathering of MR2 owners from more than one State met in Goulburn, New South Wales in 2003 to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the NSW Branch of the MR2 Owners Club of Australia. Many believe that this was the first MR2 Nationals Meeting, which I guess it was. It was from that meeting a suggestion to hold an MR2 Nationals meeting in other States of Australia on a regular basis was made.
However it was not until four years later in 2007 that a truly MR2 Nationals Meeting was held in Canberra in the Australian Capital Territory was organised. This was followed by the MR2 Nationals 2009 in Bathurst, NSW, the MR2 Nationals 2011 in Bright, Victoria, the MR2 Nationals 2013 in Hobart, Tasmania, the MR2 Nationals 2015 in Brisbane, QLD and the MR2 Nationals 2017 in Adelaide, SA.
This year we are heading back to Canberra, where it officially began, so lets make it a big one. It will be a great sight to see plenty of MR2's gracing the streets of our Nation's Capital again.
Balcony Deluxe Rooms (double or twin) - $129 per room per night
King Rooms (4 only) - $149 per room per night
**Call them to reserve your room. Credit card required, but no payment taken until you arrive. Make sure you mention MR2 Nationals for the special pricing.
Final Program is still to be finalised, but this is an idea of what it will include:
* Arrive Friday 4th October at Statesman Hotel - MR2 Headquarters
* Cruise for Canberra night views
* Scenic cruise & regional tour - Cotter Run, Tidbinbilla tracking station, BBQ & Photoshoot
* Neil Bates workshop or Neil Trama workshop tours (TBC)
* MR2 only Show N Shine at Parliament House (TBC)
* MR2 Nationals 2019 Awards Dinner at The Statesman Hotel - Menzies Room
(* Optional Extra: Goulburn for Wakefield Park Track Day Challenge 8 - 9 October)
Registration is essential.
To register your spot:
- Download the entry form and print.
- Read carefully on the conditions of entry.
- Fill in your details and sign.
- Pay the entry fee to the MR2 Owners’ Club of Australia (VIC Branch) Inc.
- Scan & email the form to email@example.com
$55 (per car & driver, passenger free) this includes:
- BBQ at Cotter Dam
- Standard Parliament House Tour (Behind the scenes can be arranged, depending on numbers & would cost extra - TBA)
- Dedicated MR2 Parking for Show 'n' Shine
- If not already a member, complimentary 10 days membership of the VIC MR2 Club
post edited by Shaz - 2019/07/06 09:05:48