FS: 1990 SW20 GT, Extremely Low Kms, Lots of Goodies [TAS]
Model: SW20 GT Turbo Targa
Kms: 93,000 (with original papers)
Rego: 328VAQ (QLD)
Location: Tranmere, Hobart, Tasmania, 7018
History: 3rd owner. Clean title, with original import/sales papers.
Regretfully I have decided to sell my dream MR2. This is my third MR2 and second SW20. Not a cent has been spared in building this to a very quick but streetable standard. It looks stock and clean, but has the underpinnings of a real monster. All it needs is a proper dyno tune, and you'll have a reliable, classic and fast sleeper.
Given the choice I would keep it, but life happens, and it's time to let it go.
This example is a fully optioned JDM GT model with all the fruit except leather/suede. The turning fog lights still work, as do all of the other electronics.
It hasn't missed a beat, and recently I drove it down to Hobart all the way from Brisbane. Even with the coilovers it loved the long drive.
Countless dollars have been spent on the highest quality aftermarket parts.
- Garrett GT3076R turbo w/KO Racing Street Brawler Kit;
- Tial 38mm wastegate;
- 3” dump pipe (recirc, not atmo);
- Fujitsubo Legalis R 3” exhaust;
- GSC Power Division S1 Camshafts;
- Fidanza adjustable camgears;
- Distributor delete;
- Clear Cam cover;
- DIYPNP Megasquirt ECU with boost control;
- Dual Feed Rail, 800cc injectors;
- Braided fuel lines;
- Walboro 255lph fuel pump, in-tank;
- High-pressure radiator cap;
- TVIS Delete;
- EMS side-mount intercooler with shroud and thermo fan;
- CBR600RR coil-on-plug ignition conversion;
- K&N filter on KO Racing 4” intake;
- GReddy oil catch can;
- HSD monopro coilover suspension.
- Brass shifter bushings;
- Polyurethane chassis bushings all round;
- Mitsubishi FTO wheels with staggered Bridgestone RE001 tyres;
- GENUINE Autopista rear wing;
- Rev3 front lip;
- MOMO Pedals;
- Omori 45mm electric boost gauge installed in the factory location;
- LED dash conversion
- Alpine multimedia receiver;
- Focal crossovers;
- Jaycar carbon Kevlar coaxials;
- Engine bay fan shroud (not yet installed but included);
Overall condition: Good.
It still sports the original paint, which is still decent, save for a few minor blemishes in spots. It presents very very well for its age. A few small dents but nothing that really takes away from the presentation of the car.
I have serviced it every 5000km with Perite HPR5 full synthetic oil, and K&N filters. I've also recently changed the fuel filter, coolant, and new ignition components including the COP conversion and plugs (just after the Brisbane-Hobart road trip).
I am somewhat negotiable however SW20s are appreciating in value and such examples are very hard to come by. The hard work has been done to have a 300-350whp car.
Price: $18,500 neg
Contact Michael, 0400 381 345, or send me an email, email@example.com