Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot![On hold] Intrax IK2 with ARC and Black Titan - for sale / expressions of interest[

Author
Sivocci
MR2 Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Scores: 5
  • Reward points: 1005
2019/01/12 12:18:36 (permalink)

[On hold] Intrax IK2 with ARC and Black Titan - for sale / expressions of interest[

--- My suspension shop has identified a customer for these, although the sale is yet to be completed ---

Hi, 
In May 2017 I fitted a set of Intrax IK2 coilovers to my MR2 (March 1991 GT), at which point I had done 92417 km according to the receipt. I've now just replaced them with a rather more road biased set of MCA custom coilovers at a distance of 96023 km, so I have a set of Intrax going spare, currently sitting at Capital Steering and Suspension in Canberra. 

A description of them is given here:
http://en.intraxracing.nl/merken/toyota/mr2-sw202122,-mkii/toy5527-1k2/
The photos of the gold ones were added after I got mine, and since I bought them without the top mounts, there's a pretty good chance these are mine, minus the 3600 km of use. The adjustment range I was looking was for between a 10 mm and 30 mm drop for MacPherson strut camber gain, which is one the key reasons I got these over the many Asian options. That Intrax is from that corner of the Netherlands that also has Koni, Moton and probably a few others, along with Benetton using Intrax in the 90s, helped steer me that way. I'm not certain of the absolute adjustment range. I ran them on about -20 mm from stock based on what my suspension shop set them at, and the stance looked good to me. 

As specified these were 4400 Euros plus 280 in shipping then GST and import duty. The exchange rate was rather nicer two years ago, but now you'd be looking at ~$9000 to buy these new now. 

The reason I have swapped them out is that my car is road car and the Intrax are just quite stiff and the inverted strut design increases friction to the detriment of ride. Murray Coote said as much to me, and the coilovers I got from MCA are a little unusual in that Murray made them from components from his son's Street Ultimate line, not the inverted Gold series, for exactly this friction reason. 

These are probably best suited to someone with a track car or a track biased road car, and you will need your own top mounts. It would probably be worth getting Murray Coote - or someone similarly skilled - to revalve them to your preferences. After doing that you'd probably want to select specific coil springs. Using stiff springs and the ARC system with no sway bar may be an option? This isn't going to be ideal for someone looking to fit their own coilovers next weekend. I do have dyno plots for the maximum and minimum stiffness settings. Captial Steering deals with MCA quite a bit, so I could arrange for the coilover to be shipped to MCA in Queensland first if that is of interest. 

I'm haven't been on the forum a lot, and mostly just reading others ideas, so I appreaciate that I'm basically an unknown guy with a for sale message for used coilovers. I'm happy to answer questions in replies to posts or via PM. As to the price, my market research is limited to seeing used Ohlins in eBay for a couple of grand, so I'm happy to consider any offers, assuming I get any.  

Cheers,
Martin
post edited by Sivocci - 2019/01/18 20:40:41

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:

© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5