Relised I have forgotten to update this..
Sometime before the Green one was rego'd the Black one was sold to another gentleman who was looking to setup and club rego another MR2 as he already had a racecar etc.
This one has now been Gen3 swapped and now lives on!
13/09/20 - Car was club rego'd in VIC!
November 20 - Decided it was time for more power and Haltech had a Black Friday sale so decided it was time to setup a base for more power.
As a baseline it made 154KW on a stock motor and turbo.
Swapped out the front bumper for an OEM one.
Unfortunately this is when things went bad and once the ECU was done the engine was burning oil and was suuuper smokey - Originally thought it was Valve Stem Seals since the car had sat for so long.
Started organising for the engine to have its major service done as I didnt know anything about the engine and wanted to be super safe with it all as well as Gen3 Sump swap it. During the prepation of parts I found a Rev3 Spoiler/Boot and wanted to have the car all matching with the same colour so we did some painting.
It was an OK experience, but friend and I have decided later on we are going to redo this and get some 2pac instead.
Also picked up some GTST/GTR wheels which I have decided i am a super fan on.
Finished paint result - mind the dirt and everything as we didnt wash the car once we put everything back together.
Unfortunately this next part took a long time for the servicing to be done as the workshop was super busy. But in the end since this was on club plates i didnt end up really caring.
But I decided during this time to purchase a bunch of things.
I picked up
HKS Super Dragger Exhaust
Recaro SR4 Impact w/ Bride Rails
SuperKlasse C's Short shifter
RacerX Intake Box/Catch can and Subframe Inserts.
Apexi N1 Coilovers - Ended up getting Rev3 Front Rods and Front Hubs w/Brakes
Desmond Regamasters - 17*8 +35 | 17*9 +38
Rev4 Subframe and Toe links from Japan
Then I decided I went too out of control for a car that wasnt ready for me so i had to chill.
I heard back about the car and it ended up that during the inspection, we decided that we needed to get new bearings.
Engine Put back together!
Also decided during this time to replace head gasket, cams, turbo ended up getting rebuilt but this was done after this as it wasnt found it was leaking till after.
Cometic Headgasket - Gen2 NA cams and Turbo rebuilt by GCG.
Ended up making 200KW - With stock injectors @90% duty - Stock Intercooler.
Its home now so I can start installing the parts purchased and cleaning other bits up.
post edited by Gr3nAd13R - 2020/05/21 18:27:45