For Sale: Forged 3S bottom end parts
Now that I'm upgrading to a 5S bottom end, I need to sell some of my 3S stuff.
I have the following parts to sell (there's only ~20,000km on these parts since the original rebuild):
- Gen 2 3S-GTE block (cylinders bored to 86.5mm, like any typical 3S rebuild)
- Used CP forged pistons for 3S-GTE, part number SC7450 (86.5mm)
- 3S-GTE crank (already checked for straightness and given the OK)
- Used Eagle 3S-GTE rods
- Used 5S-FE main caps (from the 5S-FE engine that I bought for my new setup, which will have billet main caps instead)
The parts are straight out of my 386rwkw setup.
Since there's only ~20,000km on the pistons and rings, the intention would be to keep using the existing rings to avoid removing more material from the cylinder walls with another hone.
The 5S-FE main caps and the 3S-GTE block would need to be machined so they match up properly, and you would also need to source new main bearings.
I also have the following used parts which I could sell individually:
- Genuine Gen 2 3S-GTE water pump with only ~20,000km on it ($50 ONO)
- Genuine Gen 2 3S-GTE oil pump with only ~20,000km on it ($50 ONO)
- Gen 2 3S-GTE oil sump, with an AN fitting welded on for a return from the oil catch can. ($?)
Ideally the buyer would be in Sydney.
All of the parts are currently at Advance Motor Mechanics in South Strathfield, and I could meet there with a potential buyer if required.
If no one shows any interest in these parts, then I will get Advance Motor Mechanics to re-assemble them into a complete bottom end that I would then sell.
post edited by robk - 2018/04/27 14:03:39