Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot!NSW MR2 Owners Club January Event: Central Coast Run

Author
Matts_SW20
MR2 Deity
  • Total Posts : 232
  • Scores: 38
  • Reward points: 935
2018/01/11 22:08:27 (permalink)

NSW MR2 Owners Club January Event: Central Coast Run

Hi All, I hope everyone has had a fantastic new year and are slowly settling back into work as we come off Christmas break (if you were lucky enough to have an extended one). Instead of suffering from Monday-itis for all of January we’d like to invite you to our first club run for 2018! 

Following tradition, we’re kicking things off with full force and jumping into an Old Pacific Highway run from Sydney to Gosford for lunch and then back down the same road after lunch (mainly for the Newcastle members). Anyone in the car scene in NSW knows about the Old Pacific Highway and the awesome tarmac and views that it offers. We encourage all members to attend and have a great time as a community.  

Meeting Place: Rofe Park, Hornsby Heights, NSW, 2077
Date: January 27th 2018
Time: 10:30am for 11am departure

Route: https://goo.gl/maps/WPdWFAisLQ82
Lunch Location: Cove Cafe Terrigal 

the committee have now decided on a lunch location for our January event. The location is Cove Cafe at Terrigal. This venue offers great food and great views and there should also be ample opportunity to park out the front for a possible photo afterwards. Please click here to see their menu. Because we have a general booking it would be great if you could either confirm attendance via e-mail or via the facebook event so we can notify the cafe.

Friendly reminder that this will be double demerits so we will need to exercise caution at all times we don’t need and excuse for an officer to tell us we’re missing an engine in the front.Hope to see you there! 

Also, just a reminder that club memberships are due for renewal for 2018.The club is entirely run by volunteers. Membership fees help the club cover CAMS "Sporting Car Club" affiliation and insurance, website maintenance and subsidising members for some of our events. The fees are used by the club entirely for the benefit of the members. You can find the membership form here (ignore the 2014 remark - we haven't increased fees since then so haven't needed a new form!):http://mr2club.com.au/nsw/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/OnlineMembershipForm2014.pdf 

post edited by Matts_SW20 - 2018/01/23 17:33:51

MR2 Club of Australia (NSW Branch) Inc.
Vice President and Public Officer

6 Replies Related Threads

Nik_Lee
    MR2 Deity
    • Total Posts : 512
    • Scores: 113
    • Reward points: 1751
    Re: NSW MR2 Owners Club January Event: Central Coast Run 2018/01/13 15:00:59 (permalink)
    Sorry guys cant come to this one, Olivia and I have a little break planned together.

Have fun.
    Matts_SW20
    MR2 Deity
    Re: NSW MR2 Owners Club January Event: Central Coast Run 2018/01/15 11:42:24 (permalink)
    No worries, enjoy the time off. Hopefully we'll see you at the February run :)

Shaz
    Supporter
    • Total Posts : 1151
    • Scores: 156
    • Reward points: 2968
    Re: NSW MR2 Owners Club January Event: Central Coast Run 2018/01/23 17:28:28 (permalink)
    I'll be there.    And I believe SCZ will be there as well.

Anyone else from Newy heading down?

Meet at Maccas Swansea to leave by 9?

MR2 Club of NSW - Club Secretary

1990 SW20 N/A
    WaaaHooo
     I love my little blue 2, she is worth it.  I love my little blue 2, maybe , yes, I love my little blue 2.

http://www.mr2australia.com/mr2play/tm.aspx?m=94040
    Shaz
    Supporter
    • Total Posts : 1151
    • Scores: 156
    • Reward points: 2968
    Re: NSW MR2 Owners Club January Event: Central Coast Run 2018/01/26 22:43:14 (permalink)
    No indication of anyone else from Newy wanting to travel down with us, so we won't do the stop at Swansea....................
    Unless I get a message here or on FB.

See you at Rofe Park 

MR2 Club of NSW - Club Secretary

1990 SW20 N/A
    WaaaHooo
     I love my little blue 2, she is worth it.  I love my little blue 2, maybe , yes, I love my little blue 2.

http://www.mr2australia.com/mr2play/tm.aspx?m=94040
    Matts_SW20
    MR2 Deity
    Re: NSW MR2 Owners Club January Event: Central Coast Run 2018/01/29 21:36:12 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    The MR2 Club is back at it again and it’s been a great start to the year with our very first run and what a turn out! Keeping with tradition our first run was on the Old Pacific Highway followed by lunch at a waterside restaurant in Terrigal. We had 14 attendees in total, 10 drivers, 1 rider and 7 MR2’s all of which were beautiful examples of the SW20. It was great to have our ex-President David Youl attend the event and John his pictures from previous runs! We also had some new faces and new members along which was great fun.
    We left Rofe park at 11ish and then had a great run on old pacific highway before stopping at an overcrowded boat ramp thinking we might be able to get some photo’s, there was a few snaps taken but given the beautiful day there was no parking available so we carried on to our final destination Terrigal Cove café where we had a great lunch with friends before getting back to the cars for a few more quick snaps.
    We’d like to thank all of those who made the effort to come out and enjoy the day with other like-minded enthusiasts and also great to see some variety with Cameron in his Toyota AE86, Joel in his Mitsubishi Evo and Simon on his Suzuki Boulevard. Hope to see everyone and more at future events.
    At the boat ramp:

Few of us who could park together after lunch:

David's Red SW20:

Shaz’s SW20 and Camerons AE86:

John’s Silver SW20:

Noel’s White SW20:

Adam’s SW20 with a TRD2000GT Bodykit:

View from lunch:

post edited by Matts_SW20 - 2018/01/29 22:21:37

Lumix
    QLD Moderator
    • Total Posts : 557
    • Scores: 176
    • Reward points: 3688
    Re: NSW MR2 Owners Club January Event: Central Coast Run 2018/01/29 21:38:54 (permalink)
    Great turn out! Looked like a beaut spot for lunch!
    Jump to:

© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5