Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot!F.S. Adelaide - '90 SW20 MR2 Turbo Targa

Author
mdyer4
MR2 Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 1349
2017/11/01 21:32:04 (permalink)

F.S. Adelaide - '90 SW20 MR2 Turbo Targa

For sale is my import 1990 SW20 MR2 Turbo Targa top with moderate modifications and was used as my daily for the past few years of ownership.

Here's a list of modifications, probably a lot more I have forgotten. All paperwork for modifications and servicing available.

17 inch Enkei Evo 8 wheels wrapped in Yokohama Advan AD08R's all round. Front 215/40, Rear 235/40.
Tien coilovers.
Polyurethane bushes.
Replaced both rear wheel bearings.
Replaced second hand gearbox with low kms.
Late model OEM larger brakes - front and rear, with braided lines.
Late model OEM rear subframe.
Adjustable front sway bar links.
TRD short shift kit.
Extreme heavy duty clutch.
Cusco 1.5 way LSD.

Engine:
High flowed CT26 turbo.
Large side mount intercooler.
Recently rebuilt (01/2017) 3SGTE with ARP head studs, new piston rings, new valve stem seals, new main and conrod bearings. Replaced all new water pump, timing belt, tensioner, seals and pulleys. Engine has done approx 6000 kms since rebuild.
Late model OEM large throttle body.
Custom Stainless Steel 3 inch exhaust with high flow cat and twin magnaflow mufflers built by NDR Fabrication.
Greddy Profec B EBC, currently set on low boost at approximately 9psi.
Regular servicing and maintenance by R&D Mechanical.

Interior:
TRD shift knob with leather boot.
Custom in cluster Omori 45mm electronic boost guage.
Pioneer head unit.
Smaller OEM steering wheel.
Japanese airvent cup holder.
Targa top roof shades and storage bag.

Exterior:
Flared wheel arches front and rear.
Resprayed black with forest green pearl in 09/2015 by Seaford Spray Painting.
Gen3 MR2 style rear spoiler with carbon fibre blade and side panels.

Unfortunately the car was involved in a minor accident and was rear ended while stopped at a set of traffic lights. The only damage to the car has been cosmetic. There is a small crack over the rear left wheel arch, the left hand corner of the bumper is cracked and the rear panel above the taillights, left of the boot, has been pushed in slightly. The left side inner skin of the boot has been damaged but the chassis and structural frame is sound.
There are also minor scrapes along the passenger door where another idiot rubbed along the car.

Mechanically the car is in brilliant condition and has been my pride and joy since ownership. I'm very sad to see the MR2 go, it was my second car, first turbo car, and means a lot to me. A lot of hard work and money has gone into it which I know I will not see in return. At least 15 grand has been spent to make it handle and pull as hard as it does. However, I am moving overseas and don't have the time to fix it before I leave.

Asking $8000 o.n.o. with rego.

Any questions please feel free to ask. Inspections welcome, no time wasters or joy riders. Test drives only for serious buyers. Call or text me to organise viewing, located in Blackwood SA.

Thanks for viewing,
Mike.
post edited by mdyer4 - 2017/11/01 23:57:21

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

Nik Stefek
    MR2 Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 5
    • Scores: 0
    • Reward points: 1
    Re: F.S. Adelaide - '90 SW20 MR2 Turbo Targa 2018/05/16 20:43:34 (permalink)
    Hi there is this still for sale?
    Jump to:

© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5