Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The MR2 Australia forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot!Photos: Technical Day - 20th August 2017

Author
Lumix
QLD Moderator
  • Total Posts : 447
  • Scores: 145
  • Reward points: 3308
2017/08/20 21:37:09 (permalink)
5 (2)

Photos: Technical Day - 20th August 2017

Hi all,

First and foremost I would like give Craig and Kaylene a massive thank you for their hospitality. Thanks to all that helped out and made today run smoothly. I feel many members will be cursing Craig for finding issues and thanking him at the same time. Repairs lists were written and a few missing bolts restored to their rightful places ;)

BBQ lunch, fruit, dessert, cold soft drinks, cars and great company. Great day.

Part 1

Attached Image(s)

4 Replies Related Threads

Lumix
    QLD Moderator
    Re: Photos: Technical Day - 20th August 2017 2017/08/20 21:38:16 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Part 2

Attached Image(s)

Lumix
    QLD Moderator
    Re: Photos: Technical Day - 20th August 2017 2017/08/20 21:39:19 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Part 3

Attached Image(s)

Falcon
    MR2 Deity
    • Total Posts : 349
    • Scores: 80
    • Reward points: 3228
    Re: Photos: Technical Day - 20th August 2017 2017/08/21 06:47:30 (permalink)
    +4 (4)
    Many thanks should go to Craig and Kaylene for hosting a most enjoyable and informative day for the club.
    Very much appreciated. I had asked Craig to check my work for safety at the upcoming track day and the trip to
    Adelaide. This was done and gives me confidence that all is well. Most of us came away with a few little things to be attended to in order to keep these old cars in good sound condition.
    My alternator belt failed the pinch test again!!! I'll have to get somebody to teach me proper?
    Had trouble with blokes fingering me gear knob which is a bit embarrassing.
    Me sparkle plug did it's job all day too. Couple a priceless hub caps disappeared  but I thought I got off pretty lightly really seeing as it's such a gem of a car. Should bring home the money from show an shine in the Nationals in Adelaide.
    I'm sure a great day was had by all who attended.
    BEN77
    QLD Moderator
    • Total Posts : 92
    • Scores: 39
    • Reward points: 1074
    Re: Photos: Technical Day - 20th August 2017 2017/08/25 00:37:48 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Being able to utilise the car hoist is a treat in my books. I found it very interesting and helpful in putting my mind to rest about all the work that each and every one of us do to our cars. Loose bolts in gearbox mounts, ball joints and brake lines, bushes and bearings, oil leaks and seals all under the scrutinee of our trained technicians in Craig and Nate. With the upcoming adelaide event and the clubs track day i found it to be great timing for those that still need a little work here and there on their cars. It was a great turn out with many members able to make full use of the facilities at scopes private residence. Doug, thank you for the kind words given to scope for his generous support of the club and letting us enjoy and learn more about our cars by getting hands on experience. Many personal thanks to Craig and Kaylene for allowing us to attend and holding such a great day.

Now back to this oil grades debate... 19 different grades of 5W-30???????????

was a great day... 

Ben
    Jump to:

© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5