1990 JDM Red MR2 Turbo 208,000km [SOLD]
This is the rarer hard-top, a more rigid body and also weatherproof, not like the targa tops.
Starts first time, every time even after more than a month in garage
I’ve owned the car for just over 11 fun years and it has been a ton of fun. Get into a comfortable bucket seat, look in the rear vision at those neat turbo grilles in the bonnet, grab the momo steering wheel, listen to the exhaust note – so cool and haven’t even left the drivewayJ
- Power windows, mirrors, and headlights
- Interior is nice and clean, no dash cracks, good carpet.
- Genuine Momo 300mm suede racing steering wheel with Genuine Momo boss kit.
- Seats in good condition, usual wear on drivers side bolster.
- Paint average - fair on plastics, some cracks in paint on rear bumper.
- Android media player – includes a custom application with interfacing to give turbo boost, turbo temperature, and battery voltage, see page 50 of https://hackspace.raspberrypi.com/issues/48
- Late-model circular tail lights. Original 1990 tail-light assemblies included.
- ANZ mag wheels, 17x7JJ front and 17x8JJ rear. Tyres have less than 2,000km on them.
- Custom compact driving lights fitted. Original MR2 driving lights included.
- 3" mandrel bent exhaust from the Turbo back to dual 4"Extreme Cannon Mufflers – fitted by previous owner
- Apexi ram air filter
- Adjustable coil-over suspension.
- Compact low-profile, higher capacity, fan fitted to intercooler. Comes with original fan.
- Oil catch can fitted.
- Blitz blow-off valve
- 192,960km, timing belt, waterpump and idler pulley replaced with OEM parts by professional mechanic. Also replaced two very difficult to access hoses while replacing timing belt.
- 196,349km, replaced gearbox with lower-km gearbox as original gearbox 3rd
gear synchro was poor. New clutch. New transaxle rubber boots.
- 200,427km, turbo replaced by Kinagawa CT26 turbo. Comes with a number of springs to determine boost, presently on default.
- 200,740km, coolant flush.
- 206,000km, New rear disc rotors, pads and handbrake cabling.
- On historic/club rego, always garaged and only used for club drives and occasional day runs, less than 3,000km/year
- A/C not working. Radio antenna not connected. Slight noise from throwout bearing with clutch out in neutral. Exhaust smoke on hard acceleration. Not turbo. Likely valve seals as compression good and engine very responsive.
Includes a rebuilt 3SGTE engine, turbo, spare ECU, silicone coolant hose kit, new intercooler and air hose kit.
New pistons, rings, little-end pins, big end bearings, crank bearings, ARP big-end bolts, new OEM head bolts, COMETIC head gasket, new OEM timing cam buckets and shims and valve seals. New OEM timing belt, hoses from hell, seals, thermostat. Reseated valves and honed cylinder liners. Flywheel resurfaced. New clutch. Engine will need to be run-in to bed the new rings.
post edited by tuban - 2023/11/11 11:59:39